VA: Deaf Lawmakers Pass Assault Weapon Ban Bill & More!
Anti-Gunners Ignore Gun Owners, Push Gun Bans
A week ago, hundreds of gun owners and Second Amendment supporters flooded Richmond to stand for their rights at the Virginia Citizens Defense League’s Lobby Day.
To all the patriots who drove hours from around the Commonwealth and around the country to attend, thank you.
In addition to engaging with their political representatives, gun owners also heard from high profile speakers such as GOA’s Erich Pratt, Dan Wos, and pro-gun Delegate Nick Freitas.
GOA also appeared in media and radio interviews from Lobby Day, and you can view some of them here.
However, despite this strong showing from gun owners, legislators in Richmond appear to be hard of hearing.
Just a few days later, on Thursday and Friday, the Democrat-controlled House Public Safety committee passed a slew of gun control bills, including a so-called “assault weapons” ban.
The committee passed:
• HB 2: bans AR-15 and magazines over 10 rounds, and more!
• HB 46: forces someone with a protective order to give up their guns.
• HB 113: takes away gun rights for five years for a simple misdemeanor.
• HB 173: bans un-serialized firearms made after 1968.
• HB 454: makes higher education buildings “gun-free” zones.
• HB 466: heavily restricts concealed handgun permit reciprocity with other states.
The full House could hear these bills soon, so now is not the time to back off.
Please contact your Delegate and Gov. Youngkin to oppose these gun control bills.
Consider that anti-gun’s so-called “lobby day” — held a few days before VCDL’s — garnered just a handful of attendees. Second Amendment supporters turned out by the hundreds on Monday!
Gun owners have the momentum, if we continue to act. So don’t delay in contacting your Delegate and Gov. Youngkin!
Certified Firearms Instructor
Southeast Region Director
Gun Owners of America