Make Pennsylvania a 2A Sanctuary
Stop Enforcement of Federal Gun Control
It’s only been a few weeks into the Biden Administration and the anti-gun Democrats in Washington are already plotting the demise of the 2nd Amendment.
And if Representative Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX) had her way, HR 127 would end our gun rights forever.
But once again, Senator Doug Mastriano (R-33) is standing in the gap to protect the God-given rights of all Pennsylvanians.
Senator Mastriano, along with Senator Cris Dush (R-25), is introducing the “Right to Keep and Bear Arms Act” that would defend your Second Amendment rights from Biden’s gun control agenda.
This critical piece of legislation would forbid state and local government officials from enforcing ANY, new unconstitutional federal gun control laws.
Specifically, the bill would:
- Provide for civil penalties for any state or local government official who conspires with federal agents in the enforcement of new federal gun control laws;
- Remove any qualified immunity for public officials engaging in such cooperation;
- Mandate the Attorney General prosecute such collaborators and defend Pennsylvanians in court from prosecution;
- Create a private right of action against officials who try to enforce these laws;
- Freeze state grant funds from local governments that cooperate in such enforcement; and
- Forbid local government from accepting federal bribe money to enforce gun control.
As Pennsylvanians, we have a strong precedent in our history for not cooperating with federal laws that violate the fundamental rights of human beings.
You see, in 1847 Pennsylvania passed a Personal Liberty Law that refused ANY cooperation in the enforcement of the federal Fugitive Slave Act.
While Pennsylvania’s previous law which sought to prosecute slave bounty hunters for kidnapping was declared unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court, the PA General Assembly rewrote the law so that it would be in compliance with the Supreme Court opinion.
GOA-Pennsylvania’s legal team used parts of this 1847 Personal Liberty Law to craft the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Act. As such, we stand firmly upon our Commonwealth’s history to defend the God-given rights of all people without compromise.
That’s why I need you to send a message to your state senator to co-sponsor, support, and pass the Right to Bear Arms Act by filling out the form above.
Let your senator know that you support Senator Mastriano and demand that our Commonwealth stand between her citizens and the tyrannical aspirations of the Biden Administration.
And we must do this, “so that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.”