Please turnout to the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing to show support for gun rights.
Join Gun Owners of America today for less than a box of ammo!
Gun Owners Must Turn Out to Snuff Out Gun Control!
We have an important opportunity to really make a difference to defend your gun rights in Montpelier.
The pro-gun chairman of the state Senate Judiciary Committee has scheduled a hearing for next Tuesday, January 30, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the State House.
Priority ONE is for pro-gunners to flood the building and overwhelm state Senate anti-gun zealots who are trying to peddle Michael Bloomberg's New York agenda in Montpelier.
On the table are three particularly nasty pieces of legislation:
- S. 6 is the New York-drafted Bloomberg bill to bring universal gun registration to Vermont. You can read GOA’s earlier alert of S. 6 here.
- S. 221 and H. 422 would set up gun confiscation procedures. In the case of S. 221 -- and you can read GOA’s earlier alert on S. 221 here -- police could send a SWAT team to your house to seize your guns after a "secret hearing" from which you are excluded.
But there's no need to become a legislative expert.
We urge you to share your stories on why self-defense is important to you.
For example, stories like a daughter who needs a firearm to protect herself from a stalker ... or the concern that the drug-related burglaries in a Vermont town could threaten families before the police arrive ... or the fact that Vermont's respect for the Second Amendment has meant that it is just about the safest state in the country, year after year.
If a lot of gun owners show up on Tuesday and overwhelm the State House, we may be able to nip all three of these abominations in the bud -- for the remainder of the legislative session.
A few notes:
- Please wear orange to identify you as a Second Amendment supporter. Pro-gunners will also have orange lapel stickers for you to wear, if you choose.
- Those who arrive between 4:00 and 4:30 will be given 2-3 minutes to testify before the committee.
- And please remember that, over our objections, the State House does not allow guns on the premises.
Again, I hope you’ll make plans to turn out to this hearing to show support for gun rights Tuesday, January 30, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the State House.
Gun Owners of America
PS: GOA is working in Vermont and in states across the country to defeat gun control bills like universal background checks and so-called “assault-weapons” bans. Would you consider chipping in $20, $30, or $50 to the fight? (Any donation of $20 or more includes a one-year membership!)