New Hampshire’s Senate Judiciary Committee Ignored Gun Owners
Urge Your Senators, Gov. Sununu to vote NO on gun control
Urge Gov. Sununu to veto HB 109, HB 514, HB 564 and HB 696 should they arrive at this desk. You can also call Gov. Sununu at (603) 271-2121.
We have been warning you about HB 109, HB 514 and HB 564; a trifecta of anti-gun bills:
- HB 109 will send you to jail for selling, loaning or giving a gun to a friend or family member.
- HB 514 will force you to wait up to twelve days between purchasing a gun and bringing it home and includes for the first time ever in New Hampshire a mandatory training requirement.
- HB 564 will make our children less safe by putting law-abiding adults in jail who carry a self-defense gun into a school or even on school property.
For a detailed explanation of each bill, please see here.
In addition to the gun control trifecta, the committee also voted House Bill 696 (Gun Confiscation Lite) “ought to pass.”
This bill would copy most of the unconstitutional provisions of other red flag gun grab bills — but would apply them, specifically, to families with seniors. Everything else would be the same:
- The “secret courts” stripping you of your constitutional rights without giving you a chance to be heard before firearms are seized.
- The police showing up at your door in the middle of the night, ready to ransack your house and, if you resist, to arrest or shoot you.
In Ferndale, Maryland, a 60-year-old man was shot to death by police serving a “red flag” order at 5:17 in the morning.
And, as GOA has learned from very personal experience, in order to be classified as an “abuser” for the purpose of confiscating your guns, all you have to do is disobey any order of a bureaucrat with respect to the way the state wants to manage your family.
Despite overwhelming opposition at the April 30 and May 7 public hearings and an outpouring of calls and letters from those who were unable to attend the hearings, the Judiciary Committee ignored you and voted all four bills “ought to pass” and sent them to the full Senate for consideration.
The time is now to contact your own Senator and urge them to vote NO on an “ought to pass” motion and YES on an “inexpedient to legislate motion.”
These bills have no redeeming qualities and cannot be amended.
GOA’s position is that all four must be defeated, no amendments are acceptable, the anti-gun trifecta plus gun confiscation cannot be fixed.
But we cannot wait for the Senate to act. Now is the time to start contacting Governor Sununu and urge him to veto the gun control trifecta should any of these bills reach his desk.
Please be polite but firm when you remind Governor Sununu that he has said, many times, that New Hampshire gun laws are fine and don’t need changing. This is the exact same position taken by both of his Democrat predecessors.
So please urge your state senator BELOW and Governor Sununu ABOVE to oppose the gun control trifecta, HB 109, HB 514 and HB 564 — as well as HB 696, which is gun confiscation!
Then please follow up your email with a call to your state senator and governor as well. You can find your state senator’s phone number here and Gov. Sununu phone number is (603) 271-2121.