2nd Amendment Preservation South Carolina
South Carolina H4701 would end state cooperation with any future federal gun control measures, including unilateral executive orders, setting the foundation to block them in practice. (learn more here) It passed the House 64-30 and the Senate Judiciary subcommittee. It now needs to pass the full Senate Judiciary committee.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS, Hearing and likely vote rescheduled to 04-19-16
1. Call the Senate Judiciary Committee Chair, Larry Martin. THANK HIM for scheduling the bill for a hearing in his committee. Ask him to vote YES on H4701.
Sen. Martin: (803) 212-6610
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Be firm, but professional. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on H4701.
Brad Hutto (D) (803) 212-6140 (Thank him for moving the bill in subcommittee, even though he opposed it)
Chip Campsen (R) (803) 212-6340
Lee Bright (R) (803) 212-6008 (Thank him for helping pass the bill out of subcommittee)
Chauncey Gregory (R) (803) 212-6024
Sean Bennett (R) (803) 212-6116
Greg Hembree (R) (803) 212-6016
Thomas McElveen (D) (803) 212-6132
Paul Thurmond (R) (803) 212-6172
Tom Young (R) (803) 212-6000
Ronnie Sabb (D) (803) 212-6032
Luke Rankin (R) (803) 212-6410
Gerald Malloy (D) (803) 212-6172
Shane Massey (R) (803) 212-6148
Creighton Coleman (D) (803) 212-6132
Karl Allen (D) (803) 212-6040
Tom Corbin (R) (803) 212-6100
Kevin Johnson (D) (803) 212-6048
Katrina Frye Shealy (R) (803) 212-6108
Ross Turner (R) (803) 212-6148
Marlon Kimpson (D) (803) 212-6124
Margie Matthews (D) (803) 212-6056
3. Call the Senate Leadership. Be firm, but polite. Let them know you support H4701 and would like to see it passed in the senate as well. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
Lieutenant Governor / President of the Senate, Henry McMaster (803) 734-2080
President Pro Tempore, Hugh K. Leatherman, Sr. (843) 662-0388
Majority Leader, Harvey S. Peeler, Jr. (803) 212-6430
4. Call your own state senator. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge him or her to cosponsor and vote YES on and H4701.
Lookup your legislator here: http://www.scstatehouse.gov/legislatorssearch.php
5. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.