GOA-Backed Constitutional Carry Bills Becoming Law
GOA-Backed Constitutional Carry Bills Becoming Law!
We told you earlier about Montana and Utah enacting permitless carry laws. Well, two more have now joined the Constitutional Carry Club.
GOA-backed bills became law this month in Iowa and Tennessee, bringing the total number of Constitutional Carry states to twenty.
And while this is good news, more states may be on the way. Consider what’s happening in Texas.
GOA mobilized members to show up in full force for a committee hearing on permitless carry in the Texas House — and our activists testified all night until 5:30 am to support this priority legislation.
Representatives on the committee were visibly impressed by the outpouring of support from GOA members and activists. And this positive momentum carried over to the House debate, where CSHB 1927 easily passed by a vote of 87-58.
This was a historic moment for Texas, as a Constitutional Carry bill had never moved to the floor of either chamber in this state.
The GOA Texas team is now putting the pedal to the metal to get the bill through the Senate. “It would be unthinkable for the Senate to let this bill die after the House has taken such strong and decisive action on it,” said Rachel Malone, Texas director for Gun Owners of America, in an interview with the Texas Tribune.
Gun rights are definitely advancing at the state level this year. With addition of Iowa and Tennessee, there are now more Constitutional Carry states (20) than there are anti-freedom, red flag states (19).
Stay tuned for more good news updates!
GOA on OAN and NewsNowFox
With the anti-gun Left on the attack, GOA is defending your 2A rights all across the nation.
Check out these interviews and watch GOA spokesmen defending your freedom on the frontlines:
* BIG WIN: Bump Stocks ruled NOT machine guns in GOA v. Garland. A panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit has ruled that Bump Stocks are NOT machine guns in Gun Owners of America v. Garland. Watch the news about this incredible victory!
GOA breaks down how Biden exploits tragedies to push gun control. Phil Reboli, GOA’s Senior Policy Advisor, joined Graham Ledger in exposing Biden’s plot to use the tragedies in Boulder and Indianapolis to trample upon rights. Check out the interview here! (Phil’s interview begins at the 18:21 mark.)
* What GOA is doing to stop the Biden Executive Actions. GOA’s Erich Pratt joins Natalie Harp on One America News’ “The Real Story” to discuss the Biden Executive Action on guns and what GOA is doing to stop the Biden overreach.
* GOA explains how gun control FAILED to stop Indianapolis shooting. In the tragic Indianapolis shooting, gun control such as a red flag gun confiscation law and a gun-free zone failed to stop the killer, even keeping one would-be self-defender disarmed. GOA’s Erich Pratt explains this and more with Natalie Harp of One America News.
* GOA blasts H.R. 8 and Universal Background Checks. Now that the House has passed radical gun control like H.R. 8 and H.R. 1446, the battle goes to the Senate. GOA’s Erich Pratt explains why gun owners should oppose this legislation on NewsNowFox.
* GOA videos can now be viewed at the Warrior Poet Society. GOA’s premiere web series, the Minute Man Moment, can now be viewed on the Warrior Poet Society Network (WPSN). The Warrior Poet Society has built a platform free of big tech censorship, and GOA is proud to be a part of the platform. Check out all the episodes of the Minute Man Moment on WPSN!
D.C. Statehood Bill Passes House
GOA wants to thank those of you who took action in opposition to the D.C. statehood bill (H.R. 51).
As we mentioned in a previous alert, D.C.’s statehood could have massive impacts on your right to keep and bear arms. Because there is a strong chance that the Senate would become permanently anti-gun by adding two guaranteed, gun control-supporting Senators.
The vote on the D.C. statehood bill took place on Thursday, and it was very close: 216-208. Just a switch of five votes would have killed this bill! Click here to see how your Representative voted.
GOA will continue fighting this bill and mobilizing gun owners to defeat this bill in the Senate, where we have an even better chance of killing this anti-gun power grab. Please be looking for future alerts on this issue.
Calling All GOA Gals:
Don’t forget to catch Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene this coming Wednesday!
Encourage the ladies in your life who are GOA members to attend the Empowered 2A Zoom meeting on April 28, with Special Guest Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA).
The event will be hosted by Antonia Okafor Cover, GOA’s Director of Outreach.
The date and time is Wednesday, April 28 (4:00-4:30pm EST), and the event is for GOA’s female members only.