It’s Crunch Time: Demand Speaker Ryan Stand Firm on Gun Rights!
Put the Heat on Ryan; Tell Him to Not Sell Out the 2A!
1. Call Speaker Ryan at 202-225-3031 — use the points below to urge him to not compromise!
2. Click here to send an email to House Speaker Ryan.
Don’t Let Ryan Get Away with Any 2A Infringements!
It’s infuriating, I know.
Gun owners elected Republicans to protect the Second Amendment. Yet when tragedy strikes, House Speaker Paul Ryan’s reaction is to call for more gun control.
Ryan has urged the ATF to regulate or ban bump stocks. But this presents a huge threat to gun owners, because much more than bump stocks are at risk.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s, S. 1916 — and its Republican counterpart, H.R. 3999 — would ban any gun parts or devices that “accelerate the rate of fire” of a semi-automatic firearm.
As you can already imagine, this will open a Pandora’s box of gun control.
There is no definition of a “standard rate of fire” for a semi-automatic rifle; therefore, no clear definition of an “accelerated rate of fire” for a semi-automatic rifle can be determined.
This means that anything from triggers to magazines are at risk of being defined as a device that “accelerates rate of fire” of the rifle, and therefore subjects them to the ATF’s regulation or ban.
And these proposed regulations can be easily circumvented, because many semi-automatic rifles can be “bump fired” with a belt loop!
That’s why it’s so important to act. It really is crunch time for the Second Amendment.
And as a constituent of Paul Ryan, your opinion counts more than those who live outside of Ryan’s district.
So please give him a call at 202-225-3031 and firmly (but politely) explain:
1. Ryan should reverse his call for the ATF to regulate bump stocks. If the ATF were to regulate bump stocks, it would place Ryan to left of Obama on guns!
2. Any ATF regulation could be applied to triggers and magazines, because they would be considered to “accelerate the rate of fire” even though there is no standard rate of fire for a semi-automatic rifle.
3. Instead, Ryan should immediately move HR 38 — a concealed carry bill that has languished in committee for far too long!
Then follow up with an email to urge Ryan to STOP compromising!
It’s crunch time. Please take action to give Ryan a call and send an email to encourage him to stand firm.
Director of Communications
Gun Owners of America
Follow me on Twitter: @jordankstein
P.S. Gun Owners of America is pulling out all the stops to thwart this assault on our gun rights. Please consider chipping in $20, $35, or $50 to help us in our fight. And thanks to a very generous Life Member, all contributions to GOA are doubled!