Voters Issue Another Rebuke to Bloomberg
Voters Issue Another Rebuke to Bloomberg — Thanks to all of you who helped make it happen
This was a good week for liberty.
Why? Because one of America’s most outspoken, pro-gun sheriffs defeated attempts by an anti-gun liberal Mayor who tried to take him out.
David Clarke, Jr., is the Sheriff of Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. He is a true patriot and has run public service ads saying things like:
* “Simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option…. Consider taking a certified safety course in handling of firearms, so you can defend yourself until we get there. You have a duty to protect yourself and your family.”
* “Wisconsin’s [concealed carry law] now gives you the same advantage that I have. Now it’s the crook who has to wonder what you might do. It can be a great equalizer….”
GOA Executive Director Larry Pratt personally awarded the “High Noon Award” to Sheriff Clarke last year for “standing for truth when others run, and for telling the truth even though politically incorrect.”
For all these reasons, it’s no wonder that former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg hates him so much.
Bloomberg, who is a billionaire, poured $150,000 into the sheriff’s race in Milwaukee, trying to unseat him in his primary this past Tuesday.
But Daddy Warbucks’ money couldn’t buy an election in Milwaukee County, as Clarke won by a comfortable 52-48 percent margin.
GOA’s Political Victory Fund rallied gun owners in the state of Wisconsin to contribute to Sheriff Clarke’s campaign. And GOA’s Facebook page made gun owners around the country aware of this important race.
Other social media news from GOA:
* Missouri residents are demonstrating they know more than federal judges like Catherine Blake, who ruled that AR-15s are not constitutionally protected in Maryland and are “dangerous and unusual.”
In the Ferguson, Missouri area, AR-15s have become one of the top sellers, as residents are rushing to protect themselves from potential violence and rioting. Check out GOA’s latest video on protecting the firearms that the courts want to ban.
* Thousands of gun owners are LIKING and COMMENTING on the story published by WorldNetDaily.com which reported on how GOA recently reprimanded President Obama for his erroneous views on the 2nd Amendment and for his confusion of rights versus privileges.
* And finally, congrats to a GOA Life Member from Nevada who won GOA’s weekly giveaway on Facebook — winning a cache of GOA merchandise (a GOA shirt, hat and coffee cup, along with two books and bumper stickers). There’s only one day left to sign up for this week’s drawing.
LIKE GOA’s Facebook page to start getting great pro-gun updates and sweepstakes offers in real time.