5/99 Al Gore: “Call the Justice Department”
Gun Owners of America
8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408
* Al Gore claims that one quarter ot firearms murders are committed by young people ages 18 to 20 years old.
* The Vice President claimed that 18-year olds should not be legally allowed to purchase a handgun. He was unaware that it is already illegal for a licensed dealer to sell someone a handgun until he is 21.
* The Justice Department study on Urban Delinquency and Substance Abuse of March, 1994 shows that among young people who have been given a gun by their parents, there are ZERO crimes committed with a gun. Gun crimes by youth are committed by those who illegally obtain the “forbidden fruit.”
* Vote against the two Hyde amendments banning purchase of handguns and possession of semi-automatic rifles until age 21.
* Please vote “NO” on final passage of H.R. 2122. GOA will rate this vote.
Up to Home