2/04 Five Reasons To Vote Against Gun Control Today
Support for gun control can be devastating at the polls . . .
1. President Clinton said the semi-auto ban cost him control of the Congress:
“The fight for the assault-weapons ban cost 20 members their seats in Congress … [and is] the reason the Republicans control the House.”
— The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer, January 15, 1995
2. President Clinton said the semi-auto ban cost him control of the Congress:
“I don’t think it’s a secret to anybody in this room that several members of the last Congress who voted for [the Brady bill and the assault weapons ban] aren’t here tonight because they voted for it. . . . [A] lot of people laid down their seats in Congress.”
— State of the Union Address, January 24, 1995
3. President Clinton said the semi-auto ban cost him control of the Congress:
“There are some people [Democrats] who would be on this platform today who lost their seats in 1994 because they voted for the Brady Bill and they voted for the assault weapons ban.”
— at a White House press conference, April 27, 1999
4. President Clinton said the semi-auto ban cost him control of the Congress:
“This [Republican] Congress came to power after the 1994 elections because in critical races the people who voted for more modest things, like the Brady bill … got beat. They got beat, Charlie.”
— on ABC’s Good Morning America, June 4, 1999
5. Sen. Joe Lieberman admitted gun control cost Al Gore the White House:
Lieberman lamented to USA Today in 2001 that Democrats “lost a number of [pro-gun] voters who on almost every other issue realized they’d be better off with Al Gore.”
Clinton and Lieberman are right about one thing:
“Voters Don’t Like Gun Control”
Remember, friends don’t let friends vote for gun control.
Please Oppose ALL anti-gun amendments to S. 659.
A message from the Gun Owners of America