Trump Releases His 2nd Amendment Policies, And It’s Making Millions Angry
Released on his website, [Donald] Trump has outlined the route he wants to take in regards to the 2nd Amendment, personal protection and concealed carry.
Let’s take a look at his points below, and leave a few comments to discuss:
- Defend the Second Amendment of our Constitution. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period.
There isn’t much to be said about his first point, except that he’s steadfast in protecting the 2A with his new-found power.
- Nominate United States Supreme Court justices that will abide by the rule of law and the Constitution of the United States that includes upholding the Second Amendment.
Having people on your side in the Supreme Court will go miles when 2A issues are at hand. Trump plans to see this through and create a group that supports and defends….
- Empower law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves. Law enforcement does a tremendous job, but they can’t be everywhere all of the time.
Here’s where it really speaks to the concealed carry community. To Trump, as well us, the ability to defend inside and outside of the home is crucial. Putting emphasis on concealed carry, Trump wants to make it better and easier for citizens to obtain their permits to carry a firearm….
- Defend the rights of law-abiding gun owners:
- Military bases and recruiting centers – to have a strong military, we need to allow them to defend themselves
- National right to carry – should be legal in all 50 states
- Background checks – we need to fix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we don’t need to do is expand a broken system.
- Gun and magazine bans – the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own
In a Trump world, members of the military would be allowed to carry firearms on bases and recruiting centers, unlike now. We’ve seen bad things happen before, and it only makes sense to allow MEMBERS OF THE MILITARY to properly arm themselves while at home.
Another point of importance is the National right to carry, or National Reciprocity. This essentially says that if a person has a concealed carry permit in one state, that permit should be recognized in all other states across the Country. Just like a drivers license. Except, you know, a drivers license is a privilege while carrying a firearm is a right….
And finally, gun and magazine bans are out-of-this-world ridiculous. Being a New Yorker, Trump is well aware of the NY Safe Act which attempted to restrict magazine capacity to 7 rounds. That didn’t fly, but a 10-round limit was imposed and all magazines with a higher capacity were deemed illegal.
In Trump’s words, “Gun and magazine bans are a total failure. That’s been proven every time it’s been tried. Opponents of gun rights try to come up with scary sounding phrases like “assault weapons”, “military-style weapons” and “high capacity magazines” to confuse people. What they’re really talking about are popular semiautomatic rifles and standard magazines that are owned by tens of millions of Americans. Law-abiding people should be allowed to own the firearm of their choice. The government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own.”