Gun Control, Terrorism, and AR-15 – 7 Things You Should Know
The left wants more gun control. President Obama and fellow U.S. Senators staged a filibuster to demand gun control.
But will taking away the guns solve the problem of mass murder or Islamic terrorism in our society?
Here are 7 things you should know:
1. AR-15 is not an assault weapon, and Omar Mateen did not even use an AR-15 at the night club!
2. The news media repeatedly reported the wrong weapon was used in the Orlando mass murder massacre. And it’s not the first time the media have done so.
3. Most murders are not committed with an assault weapon, so such a ban would be useless to stop these types of crimes.
4. Nations with strict gun control laws, like the United Kingdom, report higher crime rates all around, along with a general sense of unease among many that crime is getting worse and they have no power to prevent it.
5. Chicago, Illinois has the strictest gun control measures in the country, and has the highest murder rates, too. From 2012, the city witnessed 500 murders, surpassed in more recent years.
6. States with the highest numbers of legal gun ownership also have the lowest gun crime rates.
7. Numerous studies, from liberal to conservative, from academic to popular media, have affirmed that gun control does not prevent crime.
What do you think? Email me at [email protected]