Anti-gun Republicans MUST be Held Accountable
Fifteen Republican Senators stabbed gun owners in the back by voting for S. 2938 which will:
- Bribe states with tax dollars to impose Red Flag Gun Confiscation laws;¹
- Broaden the definition of who is a gun seller — thus increasing the number of FFLs — which becomes a backdoor way to impose Universal Background Registration Checks for almost every gun buyer;²
- Impose federally-mandated waiting periods on certain adults before they can purchase rifles;
- Disarm other law-abiding adults for non-violent misdemeanors; and more.
We want to make sure that GOA members NEVER FORGET the names of every Senator who voted for this gun grab:
These Senators need to know that their gun-owning constituents at home are FURIOUS that they made a deal with anti-gunners to sell us out.
In fact, anti-gunners are ALREADY eager to push these traitors to surrender again.
On MSNBC, Senator Chris Murphy said, “Once we show Republicans that there is more political gain than harm in voting for things like this, it’s going to open up a lot of more possibilities [for gun control] in the future.”
Unless Republicans feel the FULL OUTRAGE of gun owners, they will pass more and more gun grabs until the Second Amendment is nothing more than words on a piece of paper.
While these traitorous Senate Republicans are ultimately responsible for this assault on the Second Amendment by giving the 50-50 Senate enough votes to pass this bill, we also want to call attention to the 14 congressional Republicans who sided with Pelosi in the House:
As we indicated in a previous alert, John Cornyn was recently booed off stage at a GOP convention for spearheading the Senate gun bill.
Drawing inspiration from Winston Churchill’s great “We shall fight on the beaches” speech… “we shall boo these traitors in the hustings, we shall boo them at the airports, we shall boo them at their conventions and wherever they show their faces…”
That’s why it’s critical that you help us unleash fury on the 15 Senate Republicans who shredded our God-given rights.
In the midst of this horrible assault on the Second Amendment, I do want to give you some good news.
The Supreme Court issued a 6-3 decision overturning New York’s unconstitutional law that forced citizens to show “proper cause” in order to carry a concealed handgun outside of their home.
The majority opinion authored by Justice Clarence Thomas reaffirmed that the Second Amendment is not just about “muskets” like anti-gunners love to falsely claim, but “extends to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.”
Gun Owners of America conducted a massive media tour, praising the Supreme Court decision.
In fact, the Daily Wire gave GOA the “Quote of the Day”:
The Supreme Court’s reaffirmation of our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms will be absolutely essential as anti-gunners continue to wage war on our God-given rights.
But to win future 2A battles, grassroots gun owners like YOU will need to hold Senators’ and Representatives’ feet to the fire and show them the dangers of surrendering our God-given rights.
To send a prewritten letter to your Senators:
To send a prewritten letter to your Representative:
Again, our system will automatically detect how your Senators and Representative voted upon entering your address.
(1) According to a summary of the draft bill, says The Washington Post, “an existing Justice Department grant program would be expanded to allow funding for state ‘crisis intervention programs,’ including not only red-flag laws but also drug courts and veterans’ courts.”
(2) The Senate bill broadens the definition for which gun sellers will be required to register as an FFL. Speaking about this provision, anti-gun Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT) stated, “My belief is that that provision alone is going to cause thousands of more gun sales in this country to go through the background check system.” (MSNBC, June 22, 2020) As stated above, this change will serve as a backdoor way to impose Universal Background Registration Checks for almost every private gun buyer. And it would do this without deleting the almost one billion gun records that the ATF has already compiled.