House Vote On Anti-gun ObamaCare Scheduled
ACTION: The anti-gun health care issue may very well be decided this week. Even if you have already called, faxed or e-mailed your congressman, it is imperative that you do so one last time. Please see contact information and suggested letter/talking points below.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
This is gun owners’ last shot (so to speak) at saving the country from the worst piece of legislation that we’ve seen in years.
Make no mistake about it: The pivotal vote in the House will be — directly or indirectly — on whether to adopt the corrupt and discredited Senate ObamaCare bill verbatim. And the votes are being corralled by Obama and Pelosi through a new round of bribes, threats, and corruption.
Consider what has been implanted in the bill which will be voted on in the House this week.
1. Restrictions upon gun owners. The Senate-passed version would allow the ATF to troll your confidential medical records in order to take guns away from potentially tens of millions of Americans. The “individual mandate” (in Sections 1501 and 1502) will make it impossible for you to keep private, medical information out of the government-controlled medical database that was created in last year’s stimulus bill.
2. Bribes, bribes, bribes. The bill your Representative will be voting on still contains virtually all of the bribes that made the Senate version such a disgusting spectacle. This includes:
* Mary Landrieu’s $300,000,000 “Louisiana Purchase;”
* A broadened version of the nauseating “Cornhusker Kickback” to get Nebraska Senator Ben Nelson’s vote;
* The roughly $10 BILLION (with a “b”) bribe to Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders for clinics which could well be run by ACORN and Planned Parenthood;
* The $100 million Connecticut “Hospital Handout” bribe to corrupt Senator Chris Dodd; and
* The $300 million Libby, Montana, asbestos bribe.
3. Unconstitutional mandates. According to the Congressional Budget Office, the bill to be voted on this week would increase the cost of private insurance by 10-13% over what it would be if Congress did nothing — and require, under penalty of imprisonment, that you buy it.
4. Corrupt procedures. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D) plan to ram this bill through the Congress and onto the President’s desk using cheat schemes called “reconciliation” and “self-executing rules.” This is nothing other than a slimy attempt to ignore the will of the people, who according to the latest polls, overwhelmingly oppose this legislation:
* Under “reconciliation,” any language qualifying for special Senate procedures had to have been reported out of committee by October 15, 2009. As of March 15, 2010, the language was still not available, even though the House Budget Committee voted to approve the non-existent draft.
* Under the Senate rules, these special procedures can be used only to reduce the deficit. Once you discount the accounting tricks and fraud that Reid and Pelosi are employing, ObamaCare would INCREASE the deficit by half a trillion dollars over the first ten years.
* Despite Obama’s lies, “reconciliation” has never been used for non-budgetary issues which do not reduce the deficit.
* Now, House Rules Committee Chairman Louise Slaughter (D-NY) is proposing a plan (which has been approved by Pelosi) to “deem” ObamaCare passed without having the House vote on it.
According to news reports, the phones are ringing off the hook on Capitol Hill. Estimates as to how close Peosi is to delivering the votes vary widely. But Rep. Bart Stupak (D-MI), who opposes the bill on grounds that it would allow for taxpayer funding of abortions, says he thinks Pelosi is about 16 votes away.
Please take action now!
WHERE DOES YOUR REPRESENTATIVE STAND ON HEALTH CARE? You can go to two URLs to get the latest updates on where your Representative stands. Please see:
* http://tinyurl.com/ya3oulz (No longer active)
* http://tinyurl.com/y99ccy7 (No longer active)
Phone: toll-free at 877-762-8762 or 800-965-4701; or call the regular number at 202-225-3121
—– Pre-written letter and talking points —–
I am writing you with one final plea to vote against the Senate’s corrupt and bribe-laden ObamaCare bill.
Despite the fact that the Senate tried to allay gun owners’ concerns, the Senate bill would still allow the ATF to troll the confidential medical records in order to take guns away from potentially tens of millions of Americans. This is because the “individual mandate” in Sections 1501 and 1502 of the Senate-passed bill would make it impossible for people to keep private, medical information out of the government-controlled medical database that was created by the stimulus bill.
The process that put together this Senate bill has been marked with bribes (such as the Cornhusker Kickback, the Louisiana Purchase, etc.), by unconstitutional mandates and by corrupt procedures. As to corruption, any rules vote on your part which “deems” ObamaCare as passed will be held in the greatest contempt by your constituents.
You represent my state, not the “state of Nancy Pelosi.” Americans overwhelmingly oppose this legislation. Please — please listen to your constituents and vote against ObamaCare.